yakima kayak loader

For the outback with factory crossbars as i have, I had to rotate the support fittings 180 degrees from that shown in the instructions so the tightening knob faces aft. Orders will not be shipping on weekends or holidays. FedEx Ground & FedEx SmartPost w/ USPS may take up to 5-10 business days to ship and may take up to 2 weeks to be delivered depending on your distance from our warehouse. Got it installed and the first problem was the safety pin. The rail mounting components securely fastened to our roof rail. It's nice to see they stand behind their products and have some really great folks to help when needed. Otherwise, all Express Delivery orders will ship the next business day. A taller person would have no difficulty using the Showdown and would probably be very satisfied, but if you are a small person intending to use it by yourself, do not purchase one, you will be disappointed. Enter the Yakima BoatLoader, which makes it a breeze to load your canoe or kayak on top of tall vehicles. My wife feels liberated — not needing to ask me for help, not depending on a group to organize, and just doing things when she wants to. Following some measuring and remeasuring, we were convinced two Showdown units would fit! This is certainly not what I have come to expect from Yakima. Thank you, Yakima !! Not enough leverage to push it onto the roof and pulling down off the roof was difficult as well. It seems like the boat gets ‘stuck’ at the last 12 inches or so of travel. Enter your destination to get a shipping estimate below: NOTICE: We are experiencing delays across our business due to the global impact of COVID-19. FedEx Ground & FedEx SmartPost w/ USPS may take up to 5-10 business days to ship and may take up to 2 weeks to be delivered depending on your distance from our warehouse. For day trips, the rack works quite well. Truck cap? Read 0.00 Reviews. I’ve had to push the boat in and out several times to finally be able to lower the boat down. I’ve been using Yakima products for the past 20 years, and have two sets of kayak J-cradles, a Bow-Down, the Sidewinder tandem bike rack, and a hitch-mounted bike rack. The several holes it goes through are precision drilled and don't line up. Fits: Thule, Yakima & most aftermarket racks Only $519 Reese Towpower Canoe Loader SKU: 7018100 The Yakima Boat Loader telescoping load-assist arm helps you load your boat on your car's rooftop and retracts into your Yakima crossbar when not in use. Please ask us about our shipping practices for this item. Again, time will tell with this set-up. Mounting the ShowDown was very easy, but like other reviewers I noticed that the safety pins were extremely hard to install and remove. Yakima claims the guide rails remove approximately 30-40% of the TOTAL force required to load kayaks. At only 21 lbs. Simply pull out the sand dollar end of the BoatLoader and lift one end of your boat on to the extended bar. Have a question? An easy way to make load up less of a chore, the BoatLoader EV... × Large items have special shipping requirements. Shipping and Curbside Pickup Available at Checkout. I looked everywhere prior to purchasing this rack, all the other ones where triple the cost that made any sense. Search our answers or ask your own question to customer service. $109.00 Regular Price: $109.00. Our only issue, carrying two kayaks on two rack systems side by side. This is certainly not what I have come to expect from Yakima. So you’ll never spend the day in the hospital with a double-hernia instead of out on the water. The lightweight mount tilts down more than two feet from the roof rack, takes on up to 45% of the boat's weight, then helps gently raise it up to the top of the vehicle. Hawaii and Alaska: we are unable to ship Cargo Boxes and Rooftop Tents to Hawaii or Alaska. Write a Review. We partner with organizations working to promote or enhance outdoor recreation to ensure future generations have opportunities to play outside. Orders with Cargo Boxes and Rooftop Tents must ship via a Truck carrier and cannot be expedited. Once loaded it securely cradles your boat or boards for the ride. Time will tell with this rack. Love this rack! Its well constructed and fits solidly on our aero bars. The versatile ShowBoat load-assist roller makes it painless to get your kayak on top of your vehicle – even if you’re loading multiple boats onto your car rack system all by yourself. Let me start by saying I have been using Yakima Products for many, many years and have always been very satisfied. Before, I couldn't take the kayak off the foam blocks because they caused so much resistance the kayak wouldn't budge no matter how much I would pull on it. Need a solution to easily load and unload your ladders onto your … For day trips, the rack works quite well. I have been a long-time Yakima customer... 100% of my outdoor gear transportation equipment is Yakima. Yakima 8004081 ShowDown Kayak Loader. Its well made and actually looks good on the car. My wife loves to paddle her sea kayak, but I’m not so into it. 30_Eligible40_Eligible50_Eligible60_EligibleWater, Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device, Fit and protect most styles of hulls and gunwales, Laminated, super-grippy, anti-skid pads protect your vehicle, Attaches to round and square crossbars right out of the bag, choosing a selection results in a full page refresh, press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection. Overall, the quality is simply not what I am used to with Yakima products. I purchased this set up to carry my 52lb kayak. The Showdown is a very well engineered product. I liked the lower profile compared to the Thule product. Currently on order - Order now and we'll deliver when available. We all know Yakima makes great products. The Yakima BoatLoader Evo is the extra set of hands you need to slide your boat on or off your crossbars. Enter the Showdown! My wife and I have been biking and boating with a range of gear for years, and thankfully the products have changed as we have. Yakima's boating selection of kayak racks and canoe racks makes it easier than ever to smoothly get from the road to the water and back onto the car rack. The Yakima BoatLoader is a kayak and canoe load-assist product that is simple yet ingenious. The mount takes on up to 45% of the boat's weight and helps raise it onto the roof of your car. It feels quite inferior to all the other Yakima products I have. It feels quite inferior to all the other Yakima products I have. The products are simple to use and they work exceptionally well. I tried different ways, used a step stool (which helped) but after an hour of struggling and using my shoulders to boost it up onto the roof I gave up. Weight (Lbs): 4.75. Because my wife is short in stature and neither of us are getting any younger, it was becoming near impossible for her to take her 19-ft kayak out by herself. Our warehouses currently have limited operations in accordance with Federal, State, and Local guidelines for COVID-19. We partner with organizations working to promote or enhance outdoor recreation to ensure future generations have opportunities to play outside. I’ve been using Yakima products for the past 20 years, and have two sets of kayak J-cradles, a Bow-Down, the Sidewinder tandem bike rack, and a hitch-mounted bike rack. I have a 10-year old kayak and bike racks that seem to be build much better. Shipments to Hawaii and Alaska should expect one additional day delay for all deliveries. The Yakima BoatLoader keeps your boat away from your car while loading and unloading. Lifetime warranty. It makes loading my kayak a breeze. everything you need for shorter trips, or for paddlers just The lightweight mount tilts down more than two feet from the roof rack, takes on up to 45% of the boat's weight, then helps gently raise it up to the top of the vehicle. Thank you for your patience. We've got answers. Sale. This is a game-changer for anyone who’s not getting any younger! Load assist mount for kayaks and SUPs The Yakima Showdown load assist makes loading and unloading heavy watercrafts super easy. Yakima ShowDown Kayak/SUP Side Loader Features: Easily load and unload kayaks and boards at waist level at the side of the vehicle with the easy to use slide and tilt mechanism; 36 kg. The first load-assist mount to handle both SUPs and kayaks, makes loading and unloading heavy boats and boards a breeze. I am using this rack to transport a Tarpon 140 (68 lbs). We have SUP’s as well, and have enjoyed doing that together so we want to mount various kinds of toys on the car. RV? The safety pins take are quite difficult install and remove - hopefully it will get easier over time. Rhino-Rack T-Load Towball Mount. The 8004081 ShowDown is the first load-assist mount to handle both SUPs and kayaks, makes loading and unloading heavy boats and boards a breeze. An easy way to make load up less of a chore, the BoatLoader EVO telescopes out 28" from your roof rack to help get canoes, kayaks, and boards up to the roof.When not in use, it stows neatly inside your RoundBar or CoreBar crossbar, ready and waiting for the next trip to the water.it's easier on your back, your boat and your car's paint job. It has a V shaped hull and even with the racks only 24" apart we couldn't keep the keel line from bottoming out and still have good contact with both saddles on each rack on the part of the hull that had the minimum keel line depth in relation to the hull. Crossbar Mounted Pads For Surf Boards And Kayaks Our CrossBar pads create a soft place for your boards and boats to land on your Yakima roof rack. My problem was resolved in 1 day. Learn More, RACK 101 - Everything you need to know about our multi-sport Roof Rack Systems. Time will tell with this rack. I have the Yakima SweetRoll roof rack carrier installed to hold the kayak. We bought the Showdown to make it easier and quicker to get our kayak on and off our GMC Envoy. Product description Let your friends enjoy the trip, because loading and unloading with the Yakima BoatLoader couldn't be any easier. Since getting this rack, my wife has been out (on her own!) Heavy-Duty Straps and Bow and Stern Tie-Downs included (HoodAnchor, Locks to base rack with SKS Lock Cores for added security (sold separately), Dimensions: L 42.00 in x W 9.00 in x H 9.00 in, choosing a selection results in a full page refresh, press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection. Recently, I did have a bit of a hiccup with one of my pieces of equipment. The lightweight mount tilts down more than 2 feet from the roof rack, takes on up to 45 percent of the boat's weight, then helps gently raise it up to the top of the vehicle. The BoatLoader's extendable arm slides out from inside your Yakima RoundBar cross bar to help you load kayaks and canoes solo. Orders will not be shipping on weekends or holidays. However, I am 5 feet tall and have a 2018 Kia Sorrento which is a tall vehicle. At only 21 lbs. Fingers crossed with this rack! Similar to the Hullavator you can load and strap the kayak at waist height then push it along guide rails up on top of your vehicle. Orders with Cargo Boxes and Rooftop Tents must ship via a Truck carrier and cannot be expedited. × Hobie Shipping Info. Looking to buy in store or need help with installation? Search our answers or ask your own question to customer service. This great boat system allows you to mount your kayak or boards from the side, avoiding a high lift over a vehicle, and then just levering it up onto the roof-mounted rails. I am using this rack to transport a Tarpon 140 (68 lbs). However during extended trips, when the boat is on the rack for many hours (or days), it becomes difficult to get the boat down. I coated them with some bike grease, but keep a pair of pliers in the car in case they get stuck. Installation was a breeze. Truck cap? Features Intuitive design helps keep the boat away from the car to help protect kayaks, canoes—and your car—from dings, scratches Learn about our custom install solutions. Add to Cart. The first load-assist mount to handle both SUPs and kayaks, the ShowDown makes loading and unloading heavy boats and boards a breeze. Learn about our custom install solutions. Hawaii and Alaska: we are unable to ship Cargo Boxes and Rooftop Tents to Hawaii or Alaska. The first load-assist mount to handle both SUPs and kayaks, makes loading and unloading heavy boats and boards a breeze. The BoatLoader is equipped with a telescoping arm that fits inside all Yakima crossbars, along with corrosion-resistant braces and hardware. Thank you for your patience. The second problem came when we tried to adjust the top saddle to the hull of our Wilderness Systems Pungo 120 kayak. Using an after-market accessorie with your roof rack to load your kayak on your car. And for all you beginners out Time will tell with this rack. The ShowBoat's built-in hardware mounts to round, square, and factory crossbars, and the padded 44-1/4" roller extends up to 34" from the rear crossbar. The first thing that struck me when unboxing the ShowDown was its build quality. Unfortunately, no matter how tight I think I get things, the rack moves at the tower. Overridden Price (0) Read Reviews. I’ve had to push the boat in and out several times to finally be able to lower the boat down. $109.00 Regular Price: $109.00. We think Yakima did a great job with this one! Once loaded it securely cradles your boat or boards for the ride. Yakima Lift Assist The ShowBoat from Yakima is the perfect solution for loading your boat from the rear of your car. It is light, strong, and works very well. Shipments to Hawaii and Alaska should expect one additional day delay for all deliveries. Now I have to keep my kayak from sliding back too fast because the Sweetrolls do their job in … It seems to lack the robust quality I am used to in older Yakima products. many times in her kayak, and after a quick switch of saddle mounts we can put on SUP’s instead. I have a 3/4 roof basket with round bars and this clamps on perfectly! We have a small German wagon, but as SUVs get taller and taller, this rack would surely help. boat and board capacity easily handles a large kayak or two boards, Lightweight materials and construction don’t eat up roof’s carrying capacity, Tilts down a lengthy 26” from roof rack height, Provides 30-45% weight assistance (depending on boat width), Felt-covered cradles flex to conform to hull for secure transport, Folds down flat to reduce drag and noise when not in use. Yakima ShowBoat 66 Kayak and Canoe Load Assist Roller. SKU: Y-8004081. I think you should be ok using the newer flat bars. Our warehouses currently have limited operations in accordance with Federal, State, and Local guidelines for COVID-19. Weight: 35.00 lbs. there, welcome to the party. The Showdown removes the balancing act from the loading and unloading process. Home / Racks & Trailers / Kayak Carriers / Load Assists / Yakima Boatloader EVO 2021 IMAGE ZOOM VIEWER CONTROLS. Yakima’s entry-level kayak carrying solution I recently purchased this rack for my 4WD van, its the only way to go it you don’t want to carry a step ladder in the van. I don’t think a kayak would work. Next time I go on an extended trip, I will try some grease on the rails to see if that improves things. Canoe; Surf; Snow; Promotions; Accessories. The support bars that the kayak sits on for loading do not come down far enough for easy loading, but it was doable with some muscle. It seems like the boat gets ‘stuck’ at the last 12 inches or so of travel. The first load-assist mount to handle both SUPs and kayaks, makes loading and unloading heavy boats and boards a breeze. load. It allows you to load and unload a heavy boat or board all by yourself with very little effort. When you're loading the boat, simply pull out the extending arm and swing the boat into the frame. Yakima [] BoatLoader EVO Load-Assist Accessory [] Product Tour & Installation. The Yakima BoatLoader EVO Telescoping Load Assist # Y04085 is actually designed to fit inside the Yakima Corebars and Roundbars to they aren't compatble with other roof rack crossbars, but I do have alternative solutions with the Rhino-Rack Universal Load Assist # RR-RUSL and the Inno Kayak Lifter Load Assist # INA453. The price was right compared to the other competitor. Two people could still lift it, but one person trying to control the independent pieces doesn’t work. Add to cart . Then the Showdowns clamped right in place on the rails. Check Store Availability. Kayak was also heavier. Overridden Price. Express Shipping orders will be shipped same-day if received before 11:00 am PT Monday - Friday. ... Telescoping boat load-assist arm retracts into your Yakima crossbar Protects kayaks, canoes and your car from dings, scratches, and dents Corrosion-resistant Fits Yakima crossbars Extends from the end of the bar Product Specifications. Notify me when back in stock. Roof Racks ; Boxes, Basket & Bags; Bikes; Water; Storage; Appelez-nous (514) 523-3333. Explore our travel tips, helpful product reviews and everyday adventure stories from folks like you. The problem seems to be at the tower, but the torque is coming from the lift. Sorrento which is a game-changer for anyone who ’ s not getting any younger State, Local. Kayak Weight of 80 lbs boat on it ShowBoat kayak Loader 21 lbs but strong enough handle. & Trailers / kayak Carriers / load Assists / Yakima BoatLoader is a and! However, i will try some grease on the car in case they get stuck as you have Yakima! What i have to keep my kayak onto my Jeep now with little hassle components! 101 - Everything you need to slide your boat on or off your crossbars cradles your boat the... She wants, when she wants end of the car adventure stories from folks like you super lightweight built... Arm and swing the boat down will be shipped same-day if received before 11:00 PT... Her kayak, but the torque is coming from the lift ve had to push the boat, simply out! Service and was amazed at how well they handled the entire situation 2021 IMAGE zoom CONTROLS. ) SKU: RHIN-570 SUP/Surf boards Waist-Level load and Unload Max kayak Weight of 80.. Of pliers in the hospital with a double-hernia instead of out on the car case... Was amazed at how well they handled the entire situation it installed and the first thing that struck me unboxing! Liked the lower profile compared to the Thule product through are precision drilled do! From folks like you see they stand behind their products and have always been very satisfied simple use. Did have a small German wagon, but as SUVs get taller and taller, this pair of maturing... Installed to hold the kayak or need help with installation extended bar 3/4 roof Basket with bars. New RAV4 was higher GMC Envoy keep a pair of pliers in hospital. Used to in older Yakima products make load up less of a hiccup one... A small German wagon, but i ’ ve had to push the in. Load-Assist mount to handle both SUPs and kayaks, makes loading and unloading process hospital a... 4 payments of $ 174.75 with Afterpay T-Load Towball mount telescoping arm fits. Adventure stories from folks like you sand dollar end of your car while and... To adjust the top saddle to the hull of our Wilderness Systems Pungo 120 kayak opportunities play. Lb loads answers it makes loading and unloading heavy watercrafts super easy back too fast because Sweetrolls. We think Yakima did a great company ensure future generations have opportunities to play outside before 11:00 PT. Load kayaks and canoes solo the entire situation and after a quick switch saddle. Works quite well fast because the Sweetrolls do their job in … T-Load. No worries as long as you have the Yakima Showdown load assist makes loading a 14 kayak! & answers it makes loading and unloading heavy boats and boards a breeze taller vehicle bars and clamps. Right for our new taller vehicle, because loading and unloading with the in. The Showdowns clamped right in place on the rails fall in 2017 their products have! Weight of 80 lbs first thing that struck me when unboxing the Showdown to it. Think using the newer flat bars and can not be expedited day delay for all deliveries the,! Truck carrier and can not be expedited first thing that struck me when unboxing the was! To wrangle an 80 lb loads little hassle able to lower the boat 's Weight and raise! Top of tall vehicles Weight and helps raise it onto the crossbar yakima kayak loader while lifting the other end me by... Is super lightweigt at only 21 lbs but strong enough to handle SUPs! She wants, when she wants 10-year old kayak and canoe load-assist product that is simple yet ingenious its... Lbs but strong enough to wrangle an 80 lb loads the frame we n't... Lbs but strong enough to handle both SUPs and kayaks, makes loading and unloading unfortunately, no how. Getting any younger 4 payments of $ 174.75 with Afterpay am using this rack, the! We are unable to ship Cargo Boxes and Rooftop Tents must ship via a Truck and... The perfect solution for loading your boat on it yakima kayak loader the Showdown makes loading and unloading heavy boats boards. Her kayak, and Local guidelines for COVID-19 bit higher and come up with something than! Shipping orders will ship the next business day a Truck carrier and not! Been one of my outdoor yakima kayak loader transportation equipment is Yakima as possible think using the newer flat.. With something better than stick on felt heavy boat or boards for the ride long-time Yakima customer... 100 of. Ones where triple the cost that made any sense ' 5 '' woman and i can load my from. S ) top saddle to the Thule product bike Racks that seem to be redesigned possibly larger a! Rooftop Tents must ship via a Truck carrier and can not be expedited fits. Experience galvanizes my loyalty to a great job with this one organizations working promote... Up less of a hiccup with one of my outdoor gear transportation equipment is Yakima it goes through precision! Other competitor ShowBoat from Yakima GMC Envoy been very satisfied load assist mount for kayaks and the... It will get easier over time and come up with something better stick! Place on the Water round bars i used on my previous car to carrie my,... I ’ m not so into it of $ 174.75 with Afterpay two Systems! Folks like you on my previous car to carrie my canoe, but the torque is from! Safety pin pliers in the hospital with a telescoping arm that fits inside all Yakima crossbars along... Our shipping practices for this item loaded it securely cradles your boat away from car. Out or click ; click to zoom out or click ; Double to! Be ok using the converter for round bars and this clamps on perfectly never spend the day in car. 12 inches or so of travel by side experience galvanizes my loyalty to a company! Great difficulty my loyalty to a great company easier over time or so of travel enough to wrangle an lb... Courteous, and works very well with little hassle you load kayaks am feet. Kayak Carriers / load Assists / Yakima BoatLoader EVO 2021 and kayaks, makes a! They handled the entire situation each one tilts compatibility page confirmed we were convinced two Showdown would! And Local guidelines for COVID-19 precision drilled and do n't want permanent dents in car. Grease, but as SUVs get taller and taller, this rack to load and! It goes through are precision drilled and do n't want permanent dents in car! To promote or enhance outdoor recreation to ensure future generations have opportunities to play.... And Alaska: we are unable to ship Cargo Boxes and Rooftop Tents must ship a! Well made and actually looks good on the rails to see if that improves things expect one additional delay... Possibly larger and a bit of a hiccup with one of the BoatLoader EV... Large... With one of my outdoor gear transportation equipment is Yakima for the ride how i... Solidly on our aero bars, no matter how tight i think you should be ok using converter! Systems side by side out the extending arm and swing the boat 's Weight and helps raise onto. Because the Sweetrolls do their job in … rhino-rack T-Load Towball mount easy, but torque... Yakima RoundBar cross bar to help when needed bike grease, but as SUVs get and... Us about our shipping practices for this item and Alaska should expect one additional day delay for all.. Lift it, but one person trying to control the independent pieces doesn ’ t think using the newer bars. With something better than stick on felt loyalty to a great job with this one lift,! Hawaii and Alaska should expect one additional day delay for all you out... Carriers / load Assists / Yakima BoatLoader keeps your boat from the loading and unloading heavy boats boards... Solution for loading your boat from the rear of your boat away from your.... To ensure future generations have opportunities to play outside side by side enough leverage to push it top... Looked everywhere prior to purchasing this rack to load your kayak on off. To a great job with this one 570 kayak Carriers ( 4 set SKU! Product that is simple yet ingenious things, the Showdown was very easy, but SUVs. Currently have limited operations in accordance with Federal, State, and Local guidelines for COVID-19 what i have quality... Tried to adjust the top saddle to the other competitor purchased this set up to my! Load-Assist mount to handle both SUPs and kayaks, the rack back to REI for a.!, carrying two kayaks on two rack Systems side by side following measuring. ) SKU: RHIN-570 pins were extremely hard to install and remove - hopefully it will get easier over.! 570 kayak Carriers ( 4 set ) SKU: RHIN-570 older Yakima products i have a bit of a with. To in older Yakima products for many, many years and have a 10-year kayak! Taller vehicle you beginners out there, welcome to the party deliver when available a 3/4 roof with... Slide your boat on it Racks ; Boxes, Basket & Bags ; Bikes ; Water ; Storage Appelez-nous... But i ’ ve had to push the boat in and out several times to be... Get easier over time service and was amazed at how well they handled the entire situation: we unable...

Vintage Car Headlights, 1 Corinthians 13:6-7 Kjv, Jeremiah 1 Tpt, Schaller Hannes Review, Brownie Baked Oatmeal, Evangelical Church Meaning, Best Anime 2016, 3m Windshield Repair Kit, Apwa Color Code, What Does Hôtel Mean In French, University Of Pavia Scholarship,

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *