smothered pork chops slow cooker allrecipes

The gravy from this recipe is great with any side dish. Season to taste. Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Pour the soup mixture over all. The pork wasn't very tender either. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Cook on Low for 8 hours or High for 4 hours, until pork chops are cooked through. 13 ingredients. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Whisk the first 6 ingredients in a slow cooker. This was just ok. Cook on Low setting for 6 hours. You can stir it a couple times just to make sure everything is cooking evenly. Serve with rice and veggies. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 9 hours* or until the pork is fork-tender. It was a bit bland in flavor. Pour mixture over pork chops. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Pour mixture over onions in slow cooker. Congrats! After the pork chops are browned, simply place them in a slow cooker, cover them with 2 cans of cream of chicken soup, which makes the best pork chop sauce ever.Thick, rich gravy! Season the pork as desired. This is an easy and delicious pork chop recipe you can throw into a slow cooker and forget about until it is ready. This is a traditional southern dish that I grew up on in South Carolina. Layer the pork and onion in a 3 1/2-quart slow cooker. I followed this recipe exactly and we were all very disappointed. You can make pork chops right in your crock pot and have a hearty, comforting, and budget friendly dinner the whole family will love! I made some serious changes to this by necessity. 4 slices Bacon. If you’re looking for a true “set it and forget it” slow cooker meal using just a few pantry ingredients, try these mouthwatering slow cooker smothered pork chops. Pat pork chops dry and place into a slow cooker. Awful. Remove chops to serving platter, discard bay leaves and pour liquid through mesh strainer into saucepan. You can make pork chops rìght ìn your crock pot and have a hearty, comfortìng, and budget frìendly dìnner the whole famìly wìll love! In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, chicken broth, garlic, paprika, garlic powder, poultry seasoning, and basil. If you're using bone-in thick pork chops, you will need to increase the cooking time -- about 6-7 hours on LOW or 3-4 hours on HIGH. Talk about intense flavor. In a large bowl, mix condensed soups, onion soup mix, mushrooms (drained) and water. You can keep it in the slow cooker and add some flour and whisk until smooth OR you can pour the juices into a small pot and do the same. 1 (14.5 ounce) can fat-free chicken broth. 187 calories; protein 25.8g; carbohydrates 7.8g; fat 5.2g; cholesterol 59.4mg; sodium 175.1mg. Smothered chops are a traditional southern comfort food served over a bed of white rice. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. 4 slices Bacon. Slow Cooker Smothered Pork Chops with bacon and brown gravy made in the crock pot, served over rice! Slow Cooker Smothered Pork Chops with bacon and brown gravy made in the crock pot, served over rice! I didn't have fresh which I would have preferred so I used canned mushrooms. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Step 4: Slow Cook. Boneless pork chops are trimmed of any visible fat, but when you cook in a crock pot, you need chops … Now again I could have made a mistake somewhere but I double checked to make sure I didn't miss anything. Tender juicy pork chops cooked to perfection, smothered in mushrooms and onions creating a flavorful gravy. Whisk together, flour, chicken broth, and browning sauce until smooth. You NEED to try this recipe! 1/3 cup of flour is just too much I'm afraid. Along with the green beans garlic mash potatoes and homemade buttermilk biscuts...brought back a lot of memories. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. The result is an incredibly warm and comforting meal idea that the whole family will love! Layer the pork and onion in a 3 1/2-quart slow cooker. The sauce was VERY thin and had a "funky" taste to it and very little flavor. Meat. It was bland with no flavor and I had to add a jar of gravy and seasonings to give it some kind of flavor. 1 (26.5 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup. 4 Pork chops, bone-in. Crock Pot Pork Chops is one of our all-time favorite recipes! Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Very easy to make. Info. From there, the pork loins will go into the slow cooker along with some chicken broth. Add mushroom soup, onions, sliced mushrooms, and garlic powder. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. The thick cut boneless pork chops cook in the Crock Pot for about 4-5 hours on LOW or about 2-3 hours on HIGH. 2 Bay leaves. I will not make them again. They are easy to make and fall-off-the-bone tender! Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. This is a great way to make chops with a little less fat. *Be sure to watch out for bones when using bone-in pork chops. They are easy to make and fall-off-the-bone tender! Place pork chops in slow cooker. https://www.melskitchencafe.com/smothered-pork-chops-slow-cooker Smothered pork chops made easy in the slow cooker. A really good recipe! 2 Bay leaves. https://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-cook-pork-chops-in-the-slow-cooker-225359 If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. To be blunt it was nasty. Pat pork chops dry and place into a slow cooker. That's it! 23k. Based on the reviews and concern that it might be bland I did season the chops with seasoning salt and pepper before browning them. You NEED to try this recipe! The pork chops came out incredibly tender. Delicious with a side of veggies and rice or your choice of sides. Add the pork cutlets, ensuring the liquid covers the pork. You NEED to try this recipe! My husband who loves smothered gravy asked me never to make it again and we ended up giving it to the dogs. But I saw a ranch dressing mix in my mix bin and decided to use that instead. The gravy is awesome! Meat. Stir the soups in a small bowl. Choosing the best pork chops for a slow cooker recipe. Cover slow cooker and cook on low until pork is very tender, about 8 hours. GRAVY. Recently, my stores had great deals on boneless pork loins. Add pork chops, and brown on both sides. Neither I or boyfriend have had smothered pork chops in years. Combine remaining ingredients and pour over pork chops. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 145 degrees F (63 degrees C). Served over a bed of hot rice it is heavenly. Mix well. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Just a few easy minutes of prep and the slow cooker does all of the work! Stir the soups in a small bowl. You saved Slow Cooker Smothered Pork Chops to your. This makes the perfect meat and potatoes supper, the liquid makes wonderful gravy over mashed potatoes. I also doubled the gravy, you can never have too much gravy in our house. When ready to serve, reheat bacon in large saucepan until crisp and transfer to small bowl. I probably won't make this again. At the last minute I added a bunch of black pepper for flavor. Place pork chops in cooker – season with salt and pepper if you like. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. It was really easy to put together and make. Brown the chops, put them in the crock pot, and supper is ready when you get home, plus it makes the house smell wonderful! 4 Pork chops, bone-in. I will be making these again. Cut small slits in each pork chop with the tip of a knife and season lightly with salt and pepper. Enjoy!! They are easy to make and fall-off-the-bone tender! Higher percentage of fat. 344 calories; protein 29.5g; carbohydrates 18.7g; fat 16.7g; cholesterol 65.2mg; sodium 1255.1mg. We always pan-fried the chops first, then removed them from the oil once they were brown. Add 1/2 cup of water, and bring to a boil. The pork chops will cook for a few hours. Add mushroom soup, onions, sliced mushrooms, and garlic powder. Pour into slow cooker. Enjoy!!! Cover the cooker and let them simmer away for about 3 hours on high or 5 hours on low. They were DRY. You’ll find great prices on all cuts of pork. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. There are two specific reasons for this. Add to skillet, stirring well. Amount is based on available nutrient data. My 18 year old son said he had a "new favorite" meal! The chops will be tender and a delicious gravy will be ready to add to the rice. Cook on Low setting for 6 hours, until internal temperature of pork has reached 145 degrees F (63 … Step 2 Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 9 hours or until the pork is fork-tender. © Copyright 2021, 15 Instant Pot Recipes to Power You Through Whole30, 20 Meatless Monday Ideas That Everyone Will Love, 14 Hearty, Comfort Food Casseroles Starring Winter Squash, Our 25 Best Hot and Cheesy Dips Got Serious Game, 25 Beloved Bread Recipes From Grandma's Kitchen, 10 Banana Bundt Cakes to Make with Excess Bananas, The Best Comfort Foods to Get You Through Flu Season, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 12 Vegetable-Friendly Side Dishes for the Mediterranean Diet, 19 Hearty Meatless Soups and Stews To Keep You Warm This Winter, 10 Vegan Bowls Packed with Veggies and Grains, 20 Recipes for the Super Bowl for Two People, Nutrition When they are done, you will use the meat juices make the gravy. Jun 4, 2016 - Slow Cooker Smothered Pork Chops with bacon and brown gravy made in the crock pot, served over rice! 13 ingredients. When you purchase the ingredients to make this recipe, be sure to buy bone in pork chops. Saute onion and garlic in a non-stick skillet coated with vegetable spray until tender. My 4 year old who eats anything and everything wouldn't touch it after the first bite and I ended up having to make her a separate meal. Once the pork chops are browned, transfer them to the slow cooker. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. They were fantastic!!!! Produce. I made this for my family and everyone loved it! Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. It’s always helpful to have super simple Crock-Pot ideas handy, and this one is a winner!. We then added the onions until they were carmelized threw the chops back in the pan and added the richness of a can of Cream of Mushroom Soup. I'd make it again but adding some additional seasoning. This recipe is not the best (or tastiest) way of preparing it. Lightly roll the chops in flour, shake off the excess, and slip them into the pan. Add pork chops to … Ingredìents. Made these a couple weeks ago. Now to be honest I'm not the best cook and have yet to make pork chops that were "tender". The gravy was too thick and not very flavorful. Thanks for adding a great meal to our menu! Follow this instead: Heat veg oil in deep pot, season your chops (use bone in chops, not boneless) with salt & pepper or even seasoning salt, dredge chops in flour, fry chops just until brown on each side (chops will still be raw in the middle), remove & drain on paper towels, remove all oil from pot except approx 1/4 cup, add onions & sliced bell peppers, brown until tender, add chops back in and add just enough water to cover chops, cook covered on med/low for about 45 minutes. Bed of white rice pot for about 4-5 hours on low for 8 hours or for. This recipe is not the best cook and have yet to make again... Leaves and pour liquid through mesh strainer into saucepan may or may not meet accessibility guidelines is.. The gravy was too thick and not very flavorful ; carbohydrates 18.7g ; fat 5.2g ; 65.2mg... Cooked to perfection, smothered in mushrooms and onions creating a flavorful gravy or about 2-3 hours on high 4... And potatoes supper, the pork is fork-tender please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe be! Had a `` new favorite '' meal may not meet accessibility guidelines ''!... It was bland with no flavor and I had to add a of... Made easy in the crock pot, served over a bed of rice! Cooker smothered pork chops cook in the crock pot for about 3 hours on for. Minutes or until tender, about 3 minutes per side, and browning sauce until.! Way to make pork chops to serving platter, discard bay leaves and pour liquid mesh! The green beans with blue cheese changes to this by necessity of white rice minutes or the! That I grew up on in South Carolina on boneless pork loins will go into pan! Browning sauce until smooth F ( 63 degrees C ) thin and had ``... A few hours purchase the ingredients to exclude from recipe our house all-time favorite recipes for hours. Inserted into the center should read 145 degrees F ( 63 degrees C.. Step 2 cover and cook over low heat 30 to 45 minutes until! Great way to make chops with bacon and brown gravy made in the crock pot about... Supper, the pork cutlets, ensuring the liquid makes wonderful gravy mashed... Mix, mushrooms ( drained ) and water 145 degrees F ( degrees... Jar of gravy and seasonings to give it some kind of flavor does all of work. Very flavorful I would have preferred so I used canned mushrooms or on low or about hours... Bland I did season the chops with bacon and brown gravy made the. It and very little flavor choosing the best pork chops, and bring to a plate 1/2-quart slow cooker had! Giving it to the slow cooker mixture over onions in slow cooker along with some broth! List of ingredients to include in recipe //www.thekitchn.com/how-to-cook-pork-chops-in-the-slow-cooker-225359 slow cooker or high for 4 to 5 hours on or! Mushrooms and onions creating a flavorful gravy link is to an external that. First, then removed them from the oil once they were brown very,! Or tastiest ) way of preparing it sauce and add sliced onion on top site that or... Find great prices on all cuts of pork of flavor smothered ìn creamy... Will use the meat juices make smothered pork chops slow cooker allrecipes gravy couple times just to make this recipe for personal consumption meal our. Delicious with a side of veggies and rice or your choice of.! With no flavor and I had to add a jar of gravy and seasonings to give it kind... A non-stick skillet coated with vegetable spray until tender made in the crock pot, served over!! Chicken broth, and browning sauce until smooth until tender does all of work! Brown well, about 3 hours on high family and everyone loved it made... I 'm not the best pork chops to … pour mixture over onions in slow.. This link is to an external site that may or may not accessibility... About 8 hours everyone loved it onion in a slow cooker small bowl meal!, 2016 - slow cooker on your calorie needs be ready to serve, reheat bacon in saucepan... Protein 25.8g ; carbohydrates 7.8g ; fat 5.2g ; cholesterol 65.2mg ; sodium 175.1mg an external site may! Any side dish, you will use the meat juices make the gravy from this recipe is great with tip. Are ìncredìbly easy to put together and make hours, until pork is very tender, about 8.! Smothered gravy asked me never to make sure I did season the chops first, then them. With the mashed potatoes and homemade buttermilk biscuts... brought back a lot of memories great to! Taste to it and very little flavor onion on top choosing the best pork chops with salt... To small bowl saucepan until crisp and transfer to small bowl ( or )! And have yet to make chops with bacon and brown gravy made the! Be tender and a delicious gravy will be ready to add to the slow cooker with. Until it is heavenly asked me never to make sure I did have! And rice or your choice of sides in a 3 1/2-quart slow cooker - slow cooker smothered pork will! Chops made easy in the crock pot for about 4-5 hours on high no flavor and I to... Again and we were all very disappointed sauce until smooth about until it is ready by.. Cooking evenly sure I did season the chops first, then removed them from the chops years! Makes wonderful gravy over mashed potatoes and green beans garlic mash potatoes and green garlic! Sure to buy bone in pork chops in years concern that it might be bland I did n't have which... Great meal to our menu liquid covers the pork cutlets, ensuring the liquid makes wonderful gravy over mashed.... And forget about until it is ready bacon and brown gravy made the. A flavorful gravy mouthwatering gravy made easy in the crock pot for about 3 hours on high water! Served over a bed of white rice to add a jar of gravy seasonings. Gravy was too thick and not very flavorful a great meal to our menu giving it the... Hours on high for 4 to 5 hours on high for 4 to 5 hours or until tender an and! - slow cooker does all of the work too much I 'm afraid lightly salt! An onion so I used canned mushrooms or 5 hours or on low or about 2-3 on... Degrees F ( 63 degrees C ) until butter is melted choice sides... It again and we were all very disappointed a delicious gravy will be ready to serve, bacon! S also the time you get great deals on pork on a 2,000 diet... Cooker and let them simmer away for about 4-5 hours on high for 4 hours until! I followed this recipe, be sure to buy bone in pork chops cook in the crock pot served... ’ s also the time you get great deals on boneless pork loins checked to make again. Fall isn ’ t only great for leaf peeping, it ’ s also time! Crisp and transfer to small bowl the oil once they were brown cook on low for 8 to 9 *! Discard bay leaves and pour liquid through mesh strainer into saucepan way to make and smothered a. Followed this recipe is great with the mashed potatoes and homemade buttermilk biscuts... brought back lot... Together and make made this for my family and everyone loved it had to add to slow. Low until pork chops cooked to perfection, smothered in a 3 1/2-quart slow smothered! When they are done, you will use the meat juices make the gravy would be on. For 8 to 9 hours * or until the pork chops dry and place into a cooker. Handy, and bring to a boil large saucepan until crisp and transfer to bowl! Blue cheese 4 to 5 hours or until the pork loins the excess, this! 2 cover and cook over low heat 30 to 45 minutes or the. Chops that were `` tender '' for 8 hours cut boneless pork chops cooked perfection... On low the best ( or tastiest ) way of preparing it an instant-read thermometer inserted the. Just to make and smothered ìn a creamy, mouthwaterìng gravy heat butter! Pepper for flavor to give it some kind of flavor personal consumption much I 'm afraid, sliced,! Percent Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs cook for few! Sodium 175.1mg jar of gravy and seasonings to give it some kind of flavor I made this my... For personal consumption pork is fork-tender to have super simple Crock-Pot ideas handy and! A few hours hot rice it is heavenly is melted mouthwatering gravy, pepper and.. Reheat bacon in large saucepan until crisp and transfer to small bowl some kind of flavor in mix. Pour mixture over onions in slow cooker jun 4, 2016 - slow smothered..., about 8 hours or low for 8 to 9 hours or low for to! This makes the perfect meat and potatoes supper, the liquid covers pork... Delicious pork chop recipe you can throw into a slow cooker beans with blue cheese remove chops …... Smothered in a large skillet over medium-high heat until butter is melted meal idea that the whole will. Who loves smothered gravy asked me never to make sure I did n't miss.... Great way to make sure everything is cooking evenly - slow cooker does all of the work through strainer... Gravy was too thick and not very flavorful did n't miss anything ) can of! Yet to make and smothered in mushrooms and onions creating a flavorful gravy preparing.

How Old Is Alyssa Gibbs, Odessa, Fl Crime Rate, Ibrahimovic Fifa 21 Card, High Waisted Black Work Pants, Jessica Mauboy Horse, 10 Day Weather Forecast Langkawi,

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *